1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I add bitcoin support to my sites?

Discussion in 'General Website Management' started by askanison, Jul 23, 2014.

1. askanison

askanison New Member

While I am proficient in Opencart modifications, I'm just wondering the best places to
    1: Get the exchange rates
    2: Transfer any paid bitcoin to USD
    3: Advertise that my sites accept BTC.

2. cleopatra

cleopatra Member

I don't think they would really help unless your sites are already big and busy.

3. Jemma

Jemma New Member

If your site is busy or it caters specifically to the tech type who are likely to be using some form of crypto-currency, I guess it could be useful. I think for the average user though, it might not mean much. And unless you also use something more common and advertise that as well, it might turn people off. I wouldn't want to learn to use bitcoin just to be able to use your site.

4. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Member

I agree with @cleopatra

It's totally your decision. You know your target audience and the market. If you think it would be appropriate to have bitcoin system on your sites then you can implement without any hesitation. But as you ask here it means you are not so sure. So think carefully what your audience wants and then decide.

5. woody

woody Administrator Staff Member

Agreed, audience is everything...I've relied on Paypal for years, but my audience isn't tech based. I have experimented with a few other options (Google for one) and the headaches of dealing with additional options relative to the tiny number of transactions wasn't worth the effort.

Draft saved Draft deleted